A meeting on “The EC certification for doors and windows”, will be held today, 13 September, at the SGM door and window manufacturing laboratories in San Mariano – Santa Sabina.
The meeting has been jointly organized by the Bozen-based company, Straudi Servizi di Bolzano and by SGM, with the aim of discussing this issue with some 60 agents who manage relationships with about 9,000 door and window manufacturers in the Centre and North of Italy (from Bozen to Campobasso).
br>EC certification is a legally-binding European requirement that will become compulsory as of 1 February 2009 for all construction products: doors, windows, main entrances, gates, false ceilings, construction blocks, etc…
No product will be allowed into the market without the EC certification, and vice versa, the label will offer guarantees in terms of product quality and transparency that will protect both consumers and the environment.
SGM belongs to “The First Brick” network which comprises highly specialized companies that offer services in the sectors of competence of the members that are synergistic and integrated, and ensure constant updating of know-how through research and innovation and interaction with other operators both in Italy and abroad (Universities, Research centres, companies, professionals, etc…).
The network includes the following seven companies:
- NETWORK CITY TECHNOLOGIES GLOBAL MEDIA S.r.l. : operates in the area of communication, information and professional training services for which it uses the latest technologies: the Internet, Mobile Internet, etc. In the on-line publishing field, NCT manages the creation and publication of thematic newspapers and journals like: InUmbri@onLine, InItali@onLine, InEurop@onLine, nel MondoOnLine. While for traditional publishing, two products are particularly worthy of mention: “The Basilica of St. Francis – 750 years of Encounters and Dialogue” And “FRP Composites – Guidelines for structural reinforcement”
- SGM S.r.l.: specializes in engineering, experimental tests and analyses, and monitoring activities for verifying and monitoring buildings of all types but in particular historic and artistic buildings;
- SGM ENGINEERING S.r.l.: operates in the area of engineering and architecture and it also offers telematics, internet technology and provider and maintenance services
- JOINT ENGINEERING S.r.l. : deals with the coordination, organization and optimization of integrated engineering and technology transfer services, as well as the promotion and development of innovative activities. Cost-benefit analyses. Search for sources of finance. Technological-promotional and marketing services for the development and enhancement of real estate assets.
- TEC.INN s.r.l. : specialises in recovery and structural reinforcement for which it uses special technologies such as: carbon fibres, glass, aramid fibres, resins, mortars, etc. It furthermore deals with research, development, full-scale applications, and technology transfer to public and private structures
- FIDIA S.r.l. : Technical Global service, for any civil, industrial, commercial, technological, infrastructural, historic and artistic structure, including preparatory works. It is also active in research and development of new materials and technologies for the construction of new structures using composite-pultrusion materials.
- IES – International Equipment Services S.r.l.: deals with services for the hiring of all types of equipment.
Each company offers leading-edge approaches and solutions in its field of competence, in full structural, administrative, organizational, strategic and operational autonomy.